Teacher Training & Workshops
Upcoming Teacher Trainings
Fort Myers, Florida
August 31st - September 5th, 2023
The Shiva Yoga Shala
1901 Brantley Rd #3
Fort Myers, FL 33907
Train with expert aerial yoga instructor, Dre Fors, in this Yoga Alliance approved Level 1 – 30 hour course.
This course is open to yoga instructors who have a 200hr teacher mat yoga teacher training and who wish to become certified to teach aerial yoga.
Students who wish to learn more or deepen their own aerial yoga practice but do not intend to teach may also take the course but Certifications will only be give to 200hr or more certified yoga instructors upon successful completion of the course.
- Safety/Rigging/Benefits of Aerial Yoga
- Yoga philosophy: Yamas, Niyamas, Koshas, Sutras
- Limbs of Yoga and how they tie in with the aerial yoga practice.
- Roles/Responsibilities/Ethics of the Yoga/Aerial Yoga Teacher
- Anatomy Review
- Aerial Yoga Poses
- Aerial Yoga Poses Breakdown – Modifications/Contraindications/Benefits
- Guidelines on how to teach the poses, spot, and safely adjust alignment in the pose.
- Learning to teach different bodies and abilities.
- Practice teaching each other the poses.
- Designing a Class Sequence, Themes, and Practice Teaching
- Teacher Training Manual
- You will be prepared to teach Beginner – Intermediate level classes
- Certification upon completion (for 200hr teachers)
- Transportation to and from studio
Thursday Aug. 31st: 1-6pm
Friday Sept 1st: 10am-5pm
Saturday Sept. 2nd: 10am-5pm
Sunday Sept 3rd: 10:30am-5pm
Monday Sept. 4th: 8am-12:30pm
Andrea “Dre” Fors, has 20 plus years of experience teaching and performing aerial arts, teaching aerial yoga, yoga, pilates, and personal training. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and a Masters Degree in Social Work from the University of Georgia, is a YACEP and 500 E-RYT yoga instructor, and is a certified holistic wellness coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She has been a wellness advocate and instructor for corporations, including Google and for 5 star resorts, like Sea Island Resort., and currently is the Wellness Director for The Hotel Wailea in Maui Hawaii, . She helped open and run two of the first handful of public aerial arts studios in the country, and served as co-artistic director, choreographer, and dancer for D’AIR professional aerial dance company in Atlanta. Furthermore, she owned a professional performance company that performed both nationally and internationally for corporate events and resorts.
Her true path to wellness didn’t become apparent until her own health was declining, and there were no conventional answers. This led her on a crusade to unravel the answers, thus she spent many years independently studying the human body, diving deep into meditation and yoga, natural medicine, nutrition, and a plethora of ways to heal her own body. It took some time, but through all of these, she finally began to turn her health around and is living her fullest and healthiest life on Maui now, helping others reclaim theirs.
She founded ‘Uplift Maui’ in 2016 as a way to bring all of this knowledge and experience together. The name itself is a play on the idea of aerial yoga and arts literally being uplifting, but it also ties in the notion of uplifting the physical, emotional, and spiritual health of the individual, and the community as a whole.
Course price: $1645
**Early bird pricing before Aug 10th, 2023: $1495
50% deposit due at signup with the remaining balance due by Aug 15th, 2023. Deposit is non-refundable after August 1st, 2023
Interested in bringing Aerial Yoga to your studio or space?
Need Aerial Yoga teachers?
Already have an Aerial Yoga Setup or a space that has potential to have aerial yoga?
- Beginner-Advanced Aerial Yoga
- Aerial Yoga for 55+
- Adapted Aerial Yoga
- Authentic Movement using the Hammock
- Strength based
- Partner work
- Creative Expression
- Inversions and Immersions
- Restorative and Yin Aerial Yoga
Send us an email to request a free 15 minute consultation!